SCHOLARSHIP & PARENTING-RELATED SELF-HELP
- Allport, G. D. - THE PARADISE PARADIGM - On creating a world of compassion, freedom, and prosperity, E. Dianne Publishing, Murphy, OR, 2005.
Link for Kindle Edition
- Axness, Marcy - PARENTING FOR PEACE:
Raising the Next Generation of Peacemakers, Sentient Publications, Boulder, CO, 2012.
- Bakan, David - SLAUGHTER OF THE INNOCENTS: A Study of the Battered Child Phenomenon, Beacon Press, Boston, 1972.
- Bitensky, Susan - SPARE THE ROD, EMBRACE OUR HUMANITY - Toward a new legal regime prohibiting corporal punishment of our children, University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform, Vol 31, Issue 2, Winter 1998.
- _________ with Newell, Peter; Power, F. Clark; Editor: Hunt, Stuart N. - ELIMINATING CORPORAL PUNISHMENT - The Way Forward to Constructive Child Discipline, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
(UNESCO Internet: http://www.unesco.org/publishing ), 2005
- Block, Nadine & Gomez, Madeleine Y. - THIS HURTS ME more than it hurts you, 2011
- Durrant, Joan - POSITIVE DISCIPLINE: What it is and how to do it, 2007
- Falk, Herbert Arnold - CORPORAL PUNISHMENT - A social interpretation of its theory and practice in the schools of the United States, Bureau of Publications, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, 1941.
- Forward, Susan with Buck, Craig - TOXIC PARENTS - Overcoming their hurtful legacy and reclaiming your life, Bantam Books, 1989.
- Gibson, Ian - THE ENGLISH VICE - Beating, sex and shame in Victorian England and after, Gerald Duckworth & Co. Ltd., London, 1978.
- Greven, Philip - SPARE THE CHILD - The Religious Roots of Punishment and the Psychological Impact of Physical Abuse, Alfred A. Knopf, Inc., 1991.
Grille, Robin - PARENTING FOR A PEACEFUL WORLD, Longueville Media, Alexandria, NSW, Australia, 2005
- Hall, Mitch - PEACEQUEST - Cultivating Peace in a Violent Culture, Available from author: firstname.lastname@example.org, 2003
- Heimlich, Janet - Breaking Their Will: Shedding Light on Religious Child Maltreatment, Prometheus Books, 2011
- Hunt, Jan - THE NATURAL CHILD - Parenting from the heart, New Society Publishers, 2001
- Hyman, Irwin - THE CASE AGAINST SPANKING - How to discipline your child without hitting, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, 1997
- __________ - READING, WRITING AND THE HICKORY STICK - The appalling story of physical and psychological abuse in American schools, D. C. Heath & Company, Lexington, MA; Toronto, 1990
- __________ and Wise, James H., Editors - CORPORAL PUNISHMENT IN AMERICAN EDUCATION, Temple University Press, 1979
- Kohn, Alfie - UNCONDITIONAL PARENTING - Moving from rewards and punishment to love and reason, Artria Books, 2005
- Lee, Norm - PARENTING WITHOUT PUNISHING - A free online publication for those seeking happier and easier ways of bringing up children, PDF version: www.nopunish.net/PWP.pdf, NoPunish.net, 2002
- Leo, Pam - CONNECTION PARENTING - Parenting through connection instead of coercion, through love instead of fear, Wyatt-Mackenzie, 2005
- Males, Mike A. - THE SCAPEGOAT GENERATION - America's War on Adolescents, Common Courage Press, 1996
- Marshall, Michael J. - WHY SPANKING DOESN'T WORK - Stopping this Bad Habit and Getting the Upper Hand on Effective Discipline, Bonneville Books, an imprint of Cedar Fort, Inc., Springville, UT, 2002
- Mercer, Jean - UNDERSTANDING ATTACHMENT, Praeger Publishers, 2006
- Miller, Alice -
FREE FROM LIES: Discovering Your True Needs, W. W. Norton & Company, Inc., 2009
- __________ - THE BODY NEVER LIES - The lingering effects of cruel parenting, W. W. Norton & Company, Inc., 2005
- __________ - Read this essential Miller work in its entirety right here. FOR YOUR OWN GOOD - Hidden cruelty and the roots of violence, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, New York, Fourth edition, 2002
- __________ - THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE - Overcoming emotional blindness and finding your true adult self, Basic Books, New York, 2001
- Nelson, Jane and Lott, Lynn - POSITIVE DISCIPLINE FOR TEENAGERS, Three Rivers Press, NY, 2000
- Newberger, Eli H. - THE MEN THEY WILL BECOME - The nature and nurture of male character, Perseus Publishing, Cambridge, MA, 1999
- Pantley, Elizabeth - THE NO-CRY DISCIPLINE SOLUTION, McGraw Hill, 2007
- __________ - PERFECT PARENTING - The dictionary 1,000 parenting tips, New Harbinger Publications, Inc., Oakland, CA, 1998
- __________ - KID COOPERATION - How to stop yelling, nagging & pleading and get kids to cooperate, New Harbinger Publications, Inc., Oakland, CA, 1996
- Perry, Bruce D and Szalavitz, Maia - THE BOY WHO WAS RAISED AS A DOG and other stories from a child psychiatrist's notebook, Basic Books, 2007
- Ritchie, Jane & James - Spare the Rod, George Allen Unwin, Sydney-London-Boston, 1981
- Scott, George Ryley - The History of Corporal Punishment, First published in 1968 as Flagellation by Tallis Press Ltd, London; published in 1996 as The History of Corporal Punishment by Randon House UK Ltd, London.
- Solter, Aletha - Raising Drug-Free Kids, De Capo Press, 2006
- _________ - The Aware Baby, Shining Star Press, 2001
- _________ - Tears and Tantrums, Shining Star Press, 1998
- _________ - Helping Young Children Flourish, Shining Star Press, 1989
- Straus, Murray A. - Beating the Devil Out of Them: Corporal Punishment in American Families, Lexington Books, 1994
- Szalavitz, Maia - Help at Any Cost: How the Troubled-Teen Industry Cons Parents and Hurts Kids, Riverhead Books (a division of Penguin Putnam), 2006